Friday, April 3, 2015

Is The Four Basic Food Groups (aka Food Pyramid) A Myth?

April 3, 2015

Dear Cathy:

I am a single mother and I am 35 years old.  My 10 year old son is on medications for high blood pressure and my 12 year daughter is on medications for diabetes and I am on medications for both of these diseases.  Being single I can barely afford the medications. 

I don’t live near any family so I have to depend on what doctors are telling me.  I have always followed the 4 basic food groups’ standards of eating which was provided by my doctors.  But still we are all overweight and obviously unhealthy.  What do I need to do to make sure my family stays healthy? Unhealthy Family in Texas

Dear Unhealthy Family:

What you need to understand upfront is that schools, institutions and corporations initially started mis-educating families with the 4 basic food groups (aka Food Pyramid) a very, very long time ago.  It’s a big myth that you should eat foods from the 4 basic food groups. 

Today holistic and natural healers are teaching people not to mix bread and meat and other foods together so the 4 basic food groups were initially put into place to keep people sick.  The four basic food groups' standards are referred to as Standard American Diet (SAD) and that along should tell you something.

The pharmaceutical industry in this country has and always will be “BIG BUSINESS” and as long as people are sick and going to doctors or buying over-the-counter medications, then the pharmaceutical industry makes a profit. 

Being on medications will cause nothing but the further deterioration of your body.  So your goal should be to get off the medications.  The only thing you and your family can do now at this point to ensure your entire family stays healthy is to get entrenched in holistic and natural communities which are located in every city. 

My health book "How To Take Control of Your Own Life: A Self-Help Guide to Becoming Healthier Over the Next 30 Days” has a 30-day action plan and lists “12 Steps To Wellness” (www.CathyHarris-12StepsToWellness.com) – so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment