Friday, June 17, 2016

Friend Won’t Support My New Eating Habits

June 17, 2016

Dear Cathy:

I recently attended a vegan resort to learn how to eat better and I am losing weight. However, my friend who did not attend this resort with me continues to eat all the wrong foods. 

She is always suggesting that we go to different restaurants but I prefer to prepare my meals at home. I am thinking about backing off from our friendship so that I can do what I need to do, which is simply to lose weight and be healthier. How do I handle this with my friend? Putting Health Over Friendship, Arkansas

Dear Need Weight Conscious Friends:

You are definitely making the right decision to back off from your friend. You have went out of your way to attend this resort so that you can live a longer, healthier and happier life so now is the time to find weight-conscious friends who will support what you are doing.

As friends get older many times they drift apart and for many reasons so the fact that you no longer wish to be associated with your friend because of her eating habits is a good idea. She should understand how you feel or you just need to start making excuses why you can no longer hang out with her.

Eventually she will get the message that it is time for your friendship to go into another direction. You should always put your health over your friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment