Monday, March 2, 2015

How Can I Stop Being A Worrywart?


March 2, 2015

Dear Cathy:

I am the single mother of two kids.  My husband and I divorced 10 years ago.  My friends and family calls me a worrywart because I am always worrying about everything.  They even tell me that I cause them to have anxiety and this is why they don’t really like being around me.  What can I do to stop worrying so much?  Worrywart, Philadelphia

Dear Worrywart?

Many people are worrywarts.  They worry about everything from sunup to sundown – everything under the sun.  Sometimes parents even pass this down to their kids.  I think women are guiltier of this than men.  Many women are not only the nurturers of families, many today are breadwinners and have to deal with the day to day issues of raising healthy families. 

When most couples split up the kids usually live with their mother so even though women are task with more responsibility today, they still need to stop worrying about everything under the sun.  Worrying about things happening now and in the future will bring you nothing but undo stress.  It will cause the breakdown of your body – mentally, physically and spiritually and put you in a constant state of anxiety. 

Look at the people in your circle.  If they are causing you to have undue stress and anxiety then distance yourself from these types of individuals.  It doesn’t do you any good to worry about things especially things that you don’t have any control over.  Instead look at the things you do have control over, for instance, the actions you are taking in your life.

When the kids spend time with their father or once a week try to get away to work on your ownself - on your mind, body and soul.  Try to relax more and engage in regular exercising which releases feel-good endorphins -- especially calming exercises like meditation and yoga, get regular massages, read self-help books and get plenty of rest.  Most of all eat good natural, raw and organic nutrient-dense foods especially foods for your brain such as green foods that releases feel-good serotonin and take Vitamin D3 mood supplements and Fish Oil and Flaxseed Oil supplements.


No comments:

Post a Comment