Sunday, January 29, 2017

How Do I Make My Own Videos for My Business?

Jan. 29, 2017

Dear Cathy:

I am an African American female business owner. I know my business need videos but I can't find an expert to help me. How do I make videos for my business? Video Maker, Nevada

Dear Video Maker:

You are right today you do need videos for your business because most people are "visual" and would rather listen and see presentations, instead of just reading about them. 


My answer will be very generic because there are so many people out there, especially Millennials, who are much more knowledgeable than me that can answer this question for you but let me give it a shot.

First of all get a video editing program that you can use. I use www.cyberlink.com, which is a very low-cost and easy program to use, however, there are many more programs out there. To learn how to use it I went on YouTube.com, just like I do when I try to learn how to do other things in regards to my business.

Also today many people use their Smartphones or IPhones for making videos and even editing but you can also buy a video camera on HSN.com or Amazon.com. Amazon has everything out there and they will also allow you to break down payments, just like HSN.com. If you are a Prime member, then you will receive 2 day shipping and other rewards from them.

The problem is as a business owner, you have to wear several hats (Owner, PR/Marketer, etc.) and trying to get a professional to help you with your videos might be extremely hard and expensive. 

You can hire someone else to do your videos for you but if you don’t have the funds, you can use a video editing program and purchase a tripod, lights, microphone, etc. yourself and do your own videos. These videos can also be professional.

Sure you rather spend your time on what it is that you are good at -- however in the world of business today, that might not be possible so instead of waiting around to find the perfect professional to help you make your videos, you might need to do your own videos.

The "Dummies" (www.Dummies.com) series books has a book on everything and again, you can figure out how to do anything today by watching it on YouTube.com.

If that doesn't work, you can get a group of friends to help you with your videos and you can help them, so you can help each other. Again, there are several ways to get things done in the world of business.

For more on how to set up and run a successful business read "How To Take Control of Your Own Life: A Self-Help Guide to Starting Your Own Business" (Series 2) - available as an e-book and paperback.



No comments:

Post a Comment