Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Am I Shallow For Leaving My Wife Because She Gained Too Much Weight?


Mar. 18, 2015 

Dear Cathy:

I made a big mistake over 15 years ago.  I had a beautiful wife but after a few years of being married, she started gaining weight and eventually ended up weighing over 400 pounds.  So basically I left her by moving away from my town because of her weight problem.  However, now 15 years later, I realized this woman was the best mate that I ever had. 

I have never been able to find another good mate since I left this woman.  When I was home visiting relatives the other day - I saw her and boy does she look great!  My cousin told me she is divorced with one child.  Would I be shallow if I tried to get to know her again or would I be crazy to think she would give me the time of day?  Shallow in Texas

Dear Shallow:

It’s unfortunate that it took you all these years to appreciate your former wife.  Yes she will probably call you shallow and you deserve it.  However, don’t worry because many men (and even women) make this same mistake.

They have a good partner – one who is loving, kind, honest and totally devoted to them, however, many people think that the pasture is always greener on the other side.  But when they leave their mates, they realize that they had the perfect person the entire time.   

There is no greener pastures and if you were lucky enough to walk down the aisle with Mrs. (or Mr.) Right, then you need to be there for that person to help them lose their weight.  Marriage is about devotion to each other so instead of walking out of a completely sound marriage, you should have really figured out what you needed to do to help your wife lose the weight. 

She might be excited to see you but the bottomline is, she, her relatives and friends will never forget what you did.  Even if you get back together with her – she will probably never love you like she did in the past.


No comments:

Post a Comment