Saturday, April 30, 2016

Stuck Back At Home With Mom

April 30, 2016

Dear Cathy:

I finished with college 5 years ago. I went home to visit my mother and my car was stolen. I was in the process of moving to another city. I had all my belongings in the car, so now I have no other choice but to stay home with my mom. I don’t really get along that good with my mom and I hate asking her for help, so what are my other choices. Stuck At Home, Michigan

Dear Stuck At Home:

If you had a job or another prospect lined up in another city, then you should continue your plans to move. However, it’s hard moving to another city if you don’t know others and don’t have transportation. But still it can be done.

Since most of your personal items were stolen in your car, you have to start collecting them again. So you can always stay put, stay home with your mom, get a job there and save enough money to buy a car, so you can move. This might take a few months, but sometimes in life, things happen to put us where we really need to be.

I know you feel this is a set-back for you but sometimes, set-backs can be the best thing for you. Just remember this situation is temporary and that a "temporary defeat is not a permanent failure." 

It can give you time to really think about your life and the direction you are heading, so don’t let this detour any future plans to get out there and live your best life ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment