Wednesday, July 27, 2016

How Do I Stop Junk Mail from Flooding My Residence Mailbox?

July 27, 2016

Dear Cathy:

My mailbox is usually full of junk mail everyday. Most of this mail is trying to get me to take out a line of credit on something or another. I am a young mother so this is very frustrating for me and I don’t have much free time during the day. Is there any way that I can stop all this junk mail from being mailed to me? No More Junk Mail, Florida

Dear No More Junk Mail:

You need to read the junk mail because it usually contains a phone number at the bottom of the correspondence that you can call and OPT out of these advertisements. So take your time and read it to find this info.

At the very bottom, it usually reads “You can choose to stop receiving “prescreened” offers of credit from this and other companies by calling toll-free 1-888-5OPT-OUT. See PRESCREEN & OPT-OUT NOTICE: See other side for more information about prescreened offers.

If you call the number and OPT out, you should be fine for at least 5 years. However, if you move during that time, then you will need to call the phone number again and OPT OUT again because once you move, the advertisements will start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment