Monday, August 29, 2016

I Grew Up in Negative Environment

Aug. 29, 2016

Dear Cathy:

I am a 19 year old female and live with a female roommate. I have a job in a local book store. When I was young my mother always told me I was ugly and fat and I can’t seem to get these negative comments out of my head. I am no longer living close to my mother, but I am still having trouble getting over what happened to me growing up. What can I do?
Bad Childhood, MI

Dear Bad Childhood:

It’s unfortunate that you were brought up in such a negative environment. But what you need to understand is that your upbringing do not have to dictate your future. It’s important to feel good about yourself and it all starts with you having ‘will power’ and ‘self-discipline’ to do what you need to do in your life -- to make you feel worthy.

You have to work on your ownself by eating good foods, especially brain foods that makes you feel good about yourself such as green foods, which releases serotonin in your brain. Take Vitamin D3 supplements, which are the mood supplements. Also Omega 3 Fish Oil or Flaxseed Oil Supplements are good for your entire body, especially your brain.

Again work on yourself by exercising, which releases ‘feel-good’ endorphins and getting plenty of rest. You did great by moving away from such a negative environment and again it’s strictly up to you how you live your life.

You work in a book store so that’s a great place to start to really work on yourself. Read books in the self-help section of the book store. Make sure you are hanging out with good friends, people who care about you because family is no always about blood.

If you can do all these things mentioned today, then you will definitely be on your way to live the type of life that you can truly love and appreciate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment