Friday, April 28, 2017

Need a Break So Should I Go on Vacation?

April 28, 2017

Dear Cathy:


Have you ever heard the phrase, I work hard for my money. Well my car repair for my air conditioner will be $2000, which will take a couple of months to save. I don’t want to buy another car because it’s runs really good and this is the only time I have had trouble with it.

However, I am debating whether to cancel an upcoming vacation that I have paid for on the beach or just use the funds for my car. I have been riding in my car for 2 years without an air conditioner so is this something that can wait, while I can go head and enjoy myself at the beach by renting a car? What do you think? Need A Break, Virginia

Dear Need a Break:

The fact that you have already been riding around in your car without an air conditioner for 2 years means you should be able to tough it out for a couple of more months.

Yes I would rent a car and still go on a vacation, especially since it is already planned and paid for. Sometimes in life we have to make hard choices, but at the same time you want to also treat yourself because again life is hard enough.

If you have any more trouble with your car, especially if you have a bill that high in the future, it might be time to get rid of the car, but if you feel comfortable for now just repairing the car and not getting a car note go ahead and enjoy your vacation.

However, if you feel you need to buy a car in the future just go to carmax.com and get a $200 car note for a car that is one or 2 years old. Again, sometimes you have to treat yourself so enjoy your vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment