Thursday, January 29, 2015

How Can I Make Money With My Voice? ​

Jan. 29, 2015
​



Dear Cathy:
​
At a very young age, I was told I had a nice voice so now I am a voice-over artist. I do intros, radio and TV commercials especially on the internet, and work as a Disc Jockey (DJ) but this year I am looking to expand to other business opportunities.  Do you have any suggestions?  Nice Voice, New York
​
Dear Nice Voice:
​
Since you have been blessed with a nice voice instead of just doing what you currently do, next to taking singing lessons and becoming a Singer or voice lessons and becoming a Speaker, I would suggest that you investigate the possibility of becoming an audiobook narrator.  
​
Many moviestars get into this field and many authors really would like to move their businesses to the next level by turning an e-book or paperback into an audiobook, but many don’t know how to go about hiring an audiobook narrator.
​
You can set up your own home studio for less than $300.  We are in the age of technology, so this field is extremely hot at this time. Over 60% of people who graduate from schools today read at a 6th grade level so audiobooks should be a hot commodity especially for those who don’t like to read.
​
Some authors should skip the e-book and paperback stage and go right into the audiobook stage.  You can find many of these writing groups on social media websites especially on facebook.com so I would seek out these groups today.  For a list of other businesses dealing with speaking read "The New CEO: 185 Easy-To-Set Up Businesses for Youth and Adult Entrepreneurs."  

No comments:

Post a Comment