Monday, May 23, 2016

Girlfriend Wants To Experience Other Men Before Marriage

May 23, 2016

Dear Cathy:

I have only been with my high school boyfriend sexually. Now that we have graduated and both have jobs, he has asked me to marry him. Our sex life is okay but it’s nothing to brag about, so I don’t want to spend the next few years of my life wondering what it would be like to be with other men. I feel that I need to experience other men sexually before marriage. Is this a good idea? Seeking Other Partners, Missouri

Dear Seeking Other Partners:

It’s never a good idea to sleep with other partners because you might bring home a disease that you can’t get rid of or you might end up pregnant. However, since you are young, you should tell your boyfriend to hold off on the engagement and just stay engaged for a while before settling down. 

This way you will have more breathing room to make your decision about marriage. However, if you want to experience other men sexually, then you are definitely not ready for marriage, at least not to your current boyfriend. 

Both of you might also want to see some type of sex therapist or counselor. Many couples do before and after marriage to improve their sex life. I am sure you and your boyfriend both have a lot to learn. 


Level with your boyfriend about your feelings to see if both of you can work this out or if he is willing to see these experts. However, if the answer is no, then both of you may want to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment