Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Mate Buys Tacky Gifts

June 22, 2016

Dear Cathy:

I have been a widow for 5 years. I met a wonderful man who stays over at my home most of the time. He gives me gifts that I don’t really like. Some I believe are tacky gifts. 

I never display his gifts so I was hoping he would figure out that since I don’t display his gifts, that they are not the types of gifts I really want. How do I keep him from buying me future gifts that I don’t really desire? Tacky Gifts, Missouri

Dear Tacky Gifts:

The fact that he is buying you gifts is pretty fantastic on his part because many men don’t even believe in doing this for their partners. Some guys don’t have a romantic bone in their bodies and these types of acts are very romantic, even though the gifts are not up to your standards.

Many men know that women like gifts but many have no idea what women really want. Remember “Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus” so each of our brains work differently. Many men will have a hard time figuring out what women really enjoy unless you tell them this upfront.

If he is buying you all these gifts and you really don’t desire these items then you need to speak with him about this. Tell him you appreciate the gifts, but it would be best if the both of you shop for any future gifts together.

No comments:

Post a Comment