Thursday, August 25, 2016

Was I Wrong To Ask My Boyfriend To Choose Between Me or the Dog?

Aug. 25, 2016

Dear Cathy:

I met a wonderful man, however, he has an extremely big dog, a pit bull, which I am not comfortable with. I like dogs but this dog scares me and I have never lived with a dog before. I asked  him to choose between me or the dog. Do our relationship have a chance? Scared of Dog, Texas

Dear Scared of Dog:

Sure your relationship has a chance but how can you say you like dogs and you are scared of your boyfriend’s dog. All dogs are the same. Some are small and some are large but basically they are the same and many have the same temperament.

Tell your boyfriend how you feel about his dog so he can come up with some ways to get you use to his dog. I suggest going to the dog park and watch how the dog interacts with your boyfriend, other people and other dogs.

You need to remember up front that a dog is a man’s best friend so there is no way your boyfriend is going to give up his dog for you. So your only choice is to get comfortable with his dog or end the relationship.



No comments:

Post a Comment