Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Can’t Have Friends of the Opposite Sex

Aug. 30, 2016

Dear Cathy:



I retired from my job after over 30 years. I worked closely with several female friends for a long time, who I would like to keep in touch with. However, my wife wants me to cut off all my friendships of the opposite sex. Is this a reasonable request? Can’t Have Female Friends, FL

Dear Can’t Have Female Friends:

Your wife has insecurity issues and first and foremost you need to try to investigate to see where these are coming from. 
Many men or women don’t like for their mates or spouses to be jealous of them.

Many men and women have friends of the opposite sex. However, unless you have conducted yourself inappropriately, when around these females in the past, then your wife should ease up on these restrictions. 

But if you want to create harmony in your home, it might be best to just cut off these ties and call it a day. Remember the phase, “Happy Wife, Happy Life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment