Friday, December 2, 2016

Husband Can’t Stand the Smell of Sardines

Dec. 2, 2016

Dear Cathy:

I got married to a beautiful man 6 months ago, however, he can’t stand the smell of sardines, which I eat because it’s healthy for me. Eating this one food is causing tension in our relationship so what do I need to do? I really would like to keep eating this food. Eating Healthy, Virginia

Dear Eating Healthy:

Sardines are one of the healthier foods that you can eat. You should not have to give up anything that you ate before you were married. 

Marriage is about compromise, however, giving up a healthy food to please a spouse is never a good idea. Many couples get married and they become unhealthy because they start eating unhealthy food. 

I congratulate you on trying to stay healthy, despite the fact that it displeases your spouse. So again, stand up to your spouse and let him know how you feel. Also you can try to eat the food when your spouse is nowhere around, if that will help the situation.




No comments:

Post a Comment