Monday, October 19, 2015

Dating a Younger Man

Oct. 29, 2015

Dear Cathy:

I got a divorce after 30 years.  I moved across country to live with my son and now I am dating a man 25 years younger than me.  I have not told anyone, including my other children about this man but he has made me very happy.  He does not see the age difference as a problem but I am sure others will.  What do you think?  Dating a Younger Man, Texas

Dear Dating a Younger Man:

We live in a society that judges women who date younger man but not men who date younger women.  Age is irrelevant when it comes to love.   If dating a younger man has made you happy, then be happy.  You are too old to worry about what other people might think of you, including your own children. 

Life is meant for you to live, love and be happy.  This is your life and at your age, you are setting all the rules -- so be happy.  There could be a blessing in disguise here too -- for instance, dating a younger man should keep you feeling and looking younger and because of his age, he might not come with too much baggage.

Other women -- and men, unlike you, don’t have the courage to do what you are doing.  Many remain in loveless marriages -- day in and day out -- out of a sense of obligation, even though they are not happy.  

Not only did you choose to move across the country but you allowed your heart to be opened again.  Most people never leave the areas that they grew up in -- so all your efforts to create the life that you truly love should be appaulded. 


No comments:

Post a Comment