Monday, March 21, 2016

In Love With A Younger Woman

May 21, 2016

Dear Cathy:

I am 65 years old but in love with a 30 year old woman. She has 4 kids, ages 3, 5, 7 and 9. I really love her kids and her and have fallen for all of them. We are planning on getting married soon and I want to provide for all of them if something happens to me. 


The problem is, I have an erectile dysfunction problem but she claims she doesn’t care about that. I was young once and somehow I just don’t believe her so what should I do to protect myself. Could she just be a gold-digger? Gold-digger, Arkansas

Dear Gold-digger:

Many older men don’t want to get with younger women, especially when they have such a young family so first of all my hat goes out to you for taking on this responsibility.

Certainly she can be a gold-digger, which is a women who associates with a man chiefly for material gain. However, many younger women do prefer older men because of their maturity and less baggage, however, you have to watch out for other things.

Maybe she doesn’t care about the sex because at this point, with such a young family, she is probably just trying to make sure her kids have what they need. Mothers always put their kids first. 
However, in the future, it might become a problem.

Meanwhile, you need to protect yourself by providing a prenuptial agreement. Also discuss with a lawyer who specializes in wills and trust about the best way to leave money or assets in a trust for the kids after they reach a certain age – so the money can’t be dispersed prematurely.

Meanwhile, go ahead and get with this women and have fun. There are many benefits to being with a younger partner who can help take care of you as you transition into your golden years.



No comments:

Post a Comment