Monday, June 29, 2015

Third Party Extended Car Warranty

June 29, 2015

Dear Cathy:

I am preparing to buy a car through a dealership.  I have already completed my research and know that the car salesman will probably try to sell me things that I don’t really need.  Should I buy an extended warranty for my car?  Trying to Deal with Dealerships

Dear Trying To Deal With Dealerships:

You are right when you buy a car from a dealership -- they will try to sale you everything under the sun.  Choose only the manufacturer’s extended warranty or one sold by your insurance company.

It’s never a good idea to buy any third-party warranty.  Most of these policies are worthless and many times these third-party warranty companies go out of business.

To learn more about buying a car read A Woman’s Guide To Buying a New or Used Vehicle: Everyday Secrets You Should Know” (Part 1) – available only as an e-book.

No comments:

Post a Comment