Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I Want To Leave My Marriage


Aug. 5, 2015

Dear Cathy:

I am 20 years old.  My mom put me out at the age of 18 so I got married to a guy I had known only for a short time.  All my friends are single and having fun and I want to be like them.  I love my husband but no longer wish to be married.  I only stayed with him because I did not want to live on my own.  What is the best way to end this relationship without hurting his feelings?  Getting Out of This Marriage, Connecticut

Dear Getting Out of This Marriage:

Marriage is not a game.  It is a commitment between a man and woman.  It seems like you only got married because you did not want to live on your own or you wanted to be taken care of since your Mom had told you to leave her residence.

You owe it to your husband to tell him the truth about why you got married in the first place.  Someone always get hurt when couples decide to split and go their own ways but the good thing is, there are no children involved so the transition from being a married woman to single, should be much easier.

Marriage is not a game so make sure you are sure about the actions you are about to take.  You are young so you have plenty of time to grow and learn from all your past mistakes but again, make sure you are sincere about your upcoming actions. 




No comments:

Post a Comment