Thursday, December 3, 2015

How Can I Cut Down On Spending Too Much Money When I Shop?

Dec. 3, 2015

Dear Cathy:

I know that I buy too much when I shop for clothes and accessories.  Can you think of any ways that I can cut back when I go shopping?  Spend Too Much Money, TX

Dear Spend Too Much Money:

Put yourself on a budget and stay on it.  You know how much you should spend when you go shopping so don't be tempted by what you see.

Don’t go to the mall or other stores when you’re in a lousy mood.  A study has found that people who were feeling depressed when they shop, were willing to spend 30% more than consumers who were in a better frame of mind.  So make sure when you shop you – SHOP HAPPY!!!!

Stay away from stores unless you are there for a reason. Always use a list when you go shopping and take a calculator with you.  

Before buying anything ask yourself if it is a “need” or “want.” A need is a necessity (food, clothing, shelter, etc.) but a want is a desire and you don’t have to fill desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment