Thursday, July 16, 2015

Mate Addicted to News on TV

July 16, 2015

Dear Cathy:

I have been with my mate for a while and it bothers me that he is glued to the TV watching news for at least 6 hours every night.  He thinks I am the strange one because I don’t look at news period on TV.  I get all my news from independent media online.  Am I strange for not being addicted to the media on TV like him?  Addicted to News, Alabama

Dear Addicted to News:

The corporate media (aka mainstream media) is junk food for your brain.  Watching these shows is like eating an addictive junk food.   No you are not strange at all.  Many men especially spend their evenings watching news on TV. 

There are even people that think if a story don’t appear on CNN, that the story is not really happening -- like CNN is everywhere -- 24/7.

Personally I agree with you about mainstream media.  I get all my news online from independent media which is written by real people.  I watch very little TV because I can’t deal with the 5, 8 or 10 minute commercials.  

When I want to watch a movie, I usually prefer Netflix or Amazon Instant Video Streaming but I avoid news and other programs on TV at all costs – so again, no you are not strange.



No comments:

Post a Comment