Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Should I Leave My Mate Because of His Diet?

July 14, 2015

Dear Cathy:

I moved in with my boyfriend that I have known for 10 years in another state, after we both retired.  I never wanted to end up with a mate that ate really bad foods. My mate should be known as the 'Poster Boy' for eating bad foods. 

I am a healthy and conscious eater and he is not so we agreed to buy and fix our own meals.  However, sometimes, at least once or twice a week, he brings enough food home for the both of us so he tempts me to eat the bad foods.  

On several occasions I have found myself eating these foods which makes me feel horrible later – plus the foods makes me feel tired and run-down and this is probably another reason why he constantly complains about being tired.  I am so unhappy with his behavior but he won’t stop this so I am thinking about moving out.  What should I do?  Bad Foods, Virginia

Dear Bad Foods:

This is a major issue for many couples who get together later on in life and many couples have even chosen to get two refrigerators.  One thing for sure is you will not be able to change a man in his 50s or 60s because by these ages -- they are just too set in their ways.  But if you truly love him try to work something out.

Yes bad foods will make you feel weak, sluggish and run-down but many people have not been able to make this connection yet.  This is where will-power and self-discipline will play a vital role in your life.  Make sure he understands beyond a shadow of a doubt how you feel about the foods that he eats and tell him that you feel he is tempting you to eat the bad foods also.

Maybe he thinks he is taking care of you by buying enough foods for the both of you but when he sees that you are not eating the foods and that the foods are going to waste, then he should get the message.







No comments:

Post a Comment