Monday, November 2, 2015

Friends Hurting My Relationships

Nov. 2, 2015

I am 45 years old and divorced and my best girlfriends are also around the same age and also divorced.  Everytime I meet a nice guy, they are always putting their two cents in and my new relationships don’t even get off the ground.  Is it time for me to rethink my friends?  Rethinking Friends, Missouri

Dear Rethinking Friends:

As the years pass, you will lose common interests that brought you and others together as friends in the first place so yes chances are it might be time to rethink your friends. 

Women who are single and don’t have anyone in their lives can become toxic friends blocking any type of potential relationship that you can have in your life.  

Jealousy is an ugly emotion.  It involves negative thoughts and damaging feelings of insecurity, anxiety, fear, resentment.  It occurs when a person anticipates a loss of something of great personal value.  In the case of your current relationship, you are the thing of great personal value.  

Women can be jealous of relationships so you need to be careful who is in your corner.  Chances are you are going to make mistakes in your relationships down the line but when you meet someone special, then eventually he needs to come before any friendship.


No comments:

Post a Comment